Tuesday, June 3, 2008

YSL

Right next to my calculus class is the MAN's bathroom. Yesterday, for the first time ever, I noticed that the bathroom had a man's sign on it. I turned around looked at my friend and said, "A, why does the boys' bathroom say MAN and the..." Without letting me finish my sentence, she casually said, "yea I know". I thought to myself, so the girls' bathroom can't say Woman.

That was after I heard about the death of Yves Saint-Laurent. So what does this have to do with Yves Saint-Laurent?
not much, except when I think of YSL, I think of the pant suit.
To me, the pant suit represents girl power, and femininity.
The Fashion Bomb has some really great examples of the pantsuit.


so yea.
Yves Saint-Laurent, Dona Karan, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein all hold a special place in my heart, because they were really the only designers, though not the only brands, that I remembered hearing of growing up. When my dad talks about Yves Saint-Laurent and his impact on fashion, that's when you know the guy was a big deal.

No comments: