Saturday, June 28, 2008

High School Graduate

Let's just say, I still need to work on posting from my phone.
I graduated from HS two days ago, and I don't think it has sunk in yet.
I also leave tomorrow for a summer program at my college, and I'll be back home Aug 2nd. Since I don't have a laptop, I'm not sure if I'll even be able to update.
A while ago, I quoted Mitch hedberg, "sometimes I wake up and I think I should start wearing a beret, but I don't do it. One day I'm gonna, though. You bet your ass, I will have a beret on. That's ridiculous, but it's true. I always fight with wearing a beret", in a post that was and wasn't about knit berets.
Inspired by that quote, I wore a headband around my fore head to school for the last day of school. I always fought with the idea fearing that I'd look too much like a hippie. Well, a dean at my HS thought I looked more Olivia Newton John, while a friend of mine thought I look more street fighter. Ironically, a girl who happened to be wearing a beret saw me and with a weird look on her face asked, "what's this", to which of course I replied, "what?"
I think that was a perfect way to end HS. Freshman year, I was all about blending in, and as the year past, I became about expressing myself no matter what others thought. The past four years, I've learned in terms of style,
Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind. (Dr.Seuss is awesome!)
so yea
pic of me and my headband in a next post

1 comment:

FabFashionista said...

Congrats graduate!!

I always loved the headband hippie chic look!!

Amen! To everything you said as far as quotes and Dr. Seuss references. It's very true!!

Good luck in college and the summer program?

What are you going for or better said majoring in?

Live.Love.Laugh.